Radar Grid Weighting - PyDDA

Hi all,
I’m currently working on creating a dual-doppler analysis using PyDDA between a mobile C-band and NEXRAD radar but am having some issues with the resulting 3D wind field. I know the get_dd_wind_field() function takes in a list of radar grids to create the 3D wind field, but it seems as though the list order is determining the final result. Specifically, if the C-band radar’s grid is listed first, the resulting horizontal wind pattern nearly matches that of the C-band’s original radial velocity field and if the NEXRAD radar’s grid is listed first, the resulting horizontal wind pattern nearly matches that of the NEXRAD’s original velocity field. I have extensively looked through the documentation but can’t seem to find the right parameters to tune that would give each radar grid an equal weighting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

In the get_dd_wind_field() function I have set Co=1.0, Cm=256.0, Cx=0.0, Cy=0.0, Cz=0.0 and my gridding is done with a resolution of 1 km.

I have attached an image of what I am seeing in the final result when the NEXRAD radar is first in the radar grid list input to get_dd_wind_field.

Hello!

An issue was raised on the GitHub page regarding your very problem just last month. I’ve cut a new release of PyDDA to 1.3.0 that fixes this issue, among others. For more information, see here:

Much regards,
Bobby

Thank you so much! That was the key to the problem!